Sunday, April 29, 2007

Obituary


Dr. Oscar S. Irisari had suffered a stroke last Tuesday, April 17, 2007 and died Monday, April 23rd. He was born to spouses Gualberto A. Irisari and Sofia Franco Solidum on November 11, 1942 in Ibajay, Aklan, the Philippines. Oscar retired from his OB-GYN practice in Moundsville, West Virginia.


He finished his grade and high school educations at Ibajay Elementary School and Ibajay Academy respectively; earned his Doctor of Medicine degree from University of Sto. Tomas, in Manila, in 1966 and after passing medical board exam, immigrated to the United States.


In 1967 be joined the St. Vincent Medical Center staff in Staten Island, NY as intern. He had his general practice residency at Lower Bucks Hospital, Bristol, PA in 1968-69. Specialized in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Brooksdale Hospital Center, Brooklyn, NY. He and his wife, who is also an OB-GYN, went on private practice establishing their clinic in Moundsville, WV.
He is survived by his wife Lisa M. Sison formerly of Angono, Rizal; by their three chidren - Eugene, a lawyer in Washington DC, daughters Liezl, who is a Fellow in Gynecology and Alysha who has Masters in Art; by daughter-in-law Peachy, two grandsons, Andrew and Alex and son-in-law, Eric. We will all miss him and his forever gigling smile.


Visitation will be at 2 P.M. to 4 P.M. and 6 P.M. to 8 P.M. Friday, April 27, 2007 at the Altmeyer Funeral Home, Lutes & Kirby-Vance Chapel, 118 Grant Ave., Moundsville, where vigil services will be held at 7:30 P.M.


Memorial Services, Catholic Burial Mass will be celebrated at 11:30 A.M.. Saturday, April 28, 2007 at St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church, Moundsville. Interment in Mount Calvary Cemetery, Wheeling.


In lieu flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Donate Life America and the American Diabetes Association.


Oscar’s family would like to thank everyone for the tremendous outpouring of prayers and love during this difficult time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello

I have been Writing and reading Blogs for a few months now and I have to say I see some unusual blogs out there, but your blog got my attention. I really enjoyed reading it and If I were you I would go to http://www.autosurfmonster.com community which I and many of my friends belong to and let thousand of others see your blog for free,. I will add your blog to my favorites and I will check back for updates. I wish you warm regards and continued success.

Jessica